The world of instructional design is ever-changing with more virtual workplaces and schools. With that comes the struggle of using technology to deliver training and learning. Follow the six commandments below to ensure effective training using technology.
- The technology shall not transcend the design, as it is auxiliary.
- The technology shall improve communication and support between learner and instructor.
- The cost of the technology shall be included in the ROI calculations.
- The technology shall be simple for the learner to access and use.
- The goals and objectives of the instruction shall be independent of technology used.
- The technology shall make distribution of instruction more efficient.